Caution! Curves Ahead
We invite you to consider participating in Jen Kingwell's new Block Of The Month program at a wholesale level. Historically, these programs have been a great way to generate a fixed income over a 12-month period.
Jen believes a Block Of The Month program should be about learning, and challenging yourself and your clients. She also appreciates many of your customers don't love curves as much as she does, so she giggled when coming up with the name, 'Caution! Curves Ahead'.
But! She has no doubt that after this 12 month program, participants will gain an appreciation of how simple stitching curves can be and maybe even a little love for them?
From the very beginning of her quilting adventure, curved blocks have been her favourite. Jen loves the way they soften a design when juxtaposed against the sharper angles of straight lines. She finds something incredibly appealing about a curve... she loves polka dot fabric, rolling hills and winding coastlines, flower petals & leaves and... the curve of a wine glass. With all of this in mind, she designed a quilt where almost every block has a curved element
As a wholesale participant, you will have the opportunity to provide your customers with a pattern and template only program. However, you may choose to also provide your customers with a fabric option. Details about different fabric options for her two different colourways are set out below. These are just a suggestion, as we encourage you to make this program your own to suit your customer base.
As usual, Jen will be providing hints and tips videos. We will also be managing a Facebook group for program participants.
For the first time, Jen is also offering FREE access to her online hand piecing and appliqué classes to further enhance participants skills and to aid in alleviating any anxieties they may have about piecing curves.
About The Quilt
The finished quilt measures 60" (152.5 cm) square.
Jen has finished one colourway (Coastal), and will be stitching along with all participants as she completes the second (Bright).
The original colourway is called 'Coastal'. This is a warm palette of blues, greens, mustards and berry - reminiscent of a golden sunset over a sandy beach.
The second colourway is called 'Bright'. It's a bright and cheery palette of pinks, greens, yellows, and oranges - resembling a meadow of spring wildflowers in full bloom. This is the colourway Jen will be stitching as we make our way through the program.
- Pricing for Caution! Curves Ahead is tiered depending on the number of programs you are signing up for.
- Prices exclude shipping and handling, and GST (where applicable).
- Minimum sign up of 8 programs per participating shop.
- To obtain pricing details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each month participants will receive:
- Printed instructions and templates for one pieced block and one appliqué block (you will make several of each).
- Monthly hints and tips videos to help piece each block (via the group Facebook page).
- Participants will receive free access to Jen's online hand piecing and appliqué classes.
- Programs will be shipped the middle of the month, beginning mid-October.
- Multiple months may be shipped at once to reduce shipping costs.
- Program numbers can be increased at any point throughout the program.
- Images for marketing can be found here.
- If providing fabric, over the course of the program, participants will require 7.5m of fabric.
- This is made up of fat 8ths and 16ths.
- We suggest that at the beginning of the program you provide participants with more fabric to have variety and choice. We would then taper this amount each month towards the end of the program.
- A specific fabric guide will be provided to all participating shops.
- Jen will send an email detailing her suggestions on how to plan and run your program
To Sign Up
Please email email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the program, please get in touch with us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.