Dream Wool is another warm and lofty batting that has been thermally bonded- it is one of my favourites for cosy snuggling on cold nights! The U.S. wool is scoured and super-washed for
cleanliness and to eliminate shrinkage, then blended with low melt poly fibres for thermal bonding. Our unique processing creates wool batting that is light weight, machine washable, has very little shrinkage, and resists bearding
- 1/3-1/2” of loft to show off your quilting, designs “pop” out at you!
- Uses the soft and silky wool of U.S. raised merino and domestic sheep
- Very warm, yet light weight.
- Wool wicks moisture away from the body to keep you cool in the summer
- Cosy and cuddly – children and teens especially love this batting
- Loft is excellent for T-shirt quilts or quilts made with varying material types
- Loft can hide some of the imperfections in piecing
- Can be stitched closely and holds the drape, then pops out in less quilted areas for a faux trapunto look.
- Although it is lofty, it flattens out for ease in hand quilting! (Dream Wool is the favourite of many hand quilters!)
- Does not absorb moisture, so it dries very quickly and will not hold a stain
- Breathable – there are no scrims or other barriers that would inhibit airflow
- Bonded fibres resist bearding
- Very long fibres – no lint on the machine or in the air!
- Creases can be fluffed out in the dryer.
- Thermally bonded, so it can become stiff it put into contact with heat (Even on low heat, the drum of some dryers become hot enough to cause a problem), so we recommend air drying or drying with no heat. Absolutely no ironing!
- Wool fibres used, but also includes a man-made poly fibre, so it is not flame retardant